Smart Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener, Belt Drive, Battery Backup, 1/4-HP
Smart Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener, Belt Drive, Battery Backup, 1/4-HP
Smart Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener, Belt Drive, Battery Backup, 1/4-HP is rated out of 5 by 114.
Bringing simple convenience to your home, the Chamberlain 1-1/4 HP Garage Door Opener provides instant garage access at your fingertips. Featuring innovative, built-in smartphone control and battery backup, this system ensures that you're never locked out of your home. Boasting a steel, reinforced belt drive, the B970 features anti-vibration technology to deliver years of smooth, ultra-quiet performance you can sleep through. Perfect for attached garages, Chamberlain's Lift Power System delivers maximum lifting capacity. With the Chamberlain myQ App, you can get alerts, share access by securely inviting up to three guests to control you myQ devices, open, close and know the status of your garage door from anywhere.
- Complete connectivity: With built-in Wi-Fi you can open and close your garage door from anywhere and get myQ® App alerts.
- Battery backup: access your garage door even during power outages. The B970 is California SB-969 compliant.
- Powerful: Powered by Chamberlain's MAX lift power system, the B970 delivers lifting force equivalent to 1-1/4 HP, the highest lifting capacity in the category for superior performance in extreme conditions.
- Ultra-quiet and strong belt drive: Steel-reinforced belt drive is constructed with high-grade materials for years of worry-free, long lasting, ultra-quiet operation perfect for attached garages.
- Superior range - Includes 2 pre-programmed, 3-button remotes that let you control a combination of up to three openers or Chamberlain interior light modules (sold separately); exclusive TriBand technology boosts remote range up to 1,500 ft.
- Safe and secure: Unmatched Security+2.0® 100 Billion code encryption protects against hacking, and Posilock anti-theft protection assures that once the door closes, it stays locked.
- Installation Made Easy: Our online installation videos, pre-programmed remotes, snap-lock rail system and tech support ensure installation goes smoothly.
- Perfect fit: Designed specifically for 7 ft. garage doors - extension kits required for 8 ft. (8808CB-P) and 10 ft. (8810CB-P) doors.
- Box includes: Garage door opener, garage door opener rail, ultra-quiet and strong belt, wireless keypad, battery, 2- 3-button remotes, full-function wall control, safety sensors, mounting hardware and instruction manual.
- About Chamberlain: The largest and most dependable garage door opener manufacturer in North America.
|Country of Origin||MX|
|Manufacturer Name||CHAMBERLAIN CORP|
|California Residents Proposition 65||www.P65Warnings.ca.govThis product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer or birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to|
Rated 2 out of 5 by Ketan from Motor Started making whipping We had this opener installed 10 months ago. We chose it because it was supposed to be very quiet, but it is not. The belt is fairly quiet, but the whole time the unit is in operation opening or closing the garage door, the motor makes a high pitched squealing noise which to me is like the sound of fingernails on a blackboard. I don't know if we got a defective unit. I see another similar complaint in the reviews. We had a Liftmaster belt drive opener before this which never made the whining noise. If it were not for the noise, we would be happy with the opener.
Date published: 2021-11-15
Rated 1 out of 5 by Irideslow from Does not work with homelink It is a quiet system but what they do not mention anywhere that i can find is this is not compatible with Homelink or Car2u systems if they are made prior to 2013. My old opener worked fine until the motor failed so expected the new one to work just as well but it does not sync. Called only to find you have to purchase additional hardware to make it compatible now. Other reviewers have mentioned this issue as well.
Date published: 2021-08-13
Rated 1 out of 5 by Andy985 from Second Try Had this B970 installed after a failed B750 with the exact same result - very poor remote operation. Even inside the garage, I had to press the button numerous times to get the thing to operate. Outside the garage? 80-90% failure rate! Oh, and the keyless entry pad was spotty at best.
Date published: 2021-08-01
Rated 5 out of 5 by jd1973 from Totally satisfied Replaced another 15 year old chamberlain with broken belt so the brackets were correct. Was easy to install but install instructions need some improvement (clarification).
Date published: 2021-07-07
Rated 3 out of 5 by smartpadsucks from its okay Very quiet and quick. Battery backup and wifi are nice features. Have had this for maybe 3 years now with only one problem. The smart control pad screen went out after a year. The warranty for "accessories" is only a year and they want too much money for a replacement one. Otherwise its a good product.
Date published: 2021-06-30
Rated 5 out of 5 by MJMiller from So far so good - great product The garage door opener is working fine right now. I say "right now" because this was the first opener I have ever installed and the fact is that it seemed too easy! Anyway, I spent quite a bit of time up front studying the documentation and it helped. I was able to use a lot of the materials from the old open, ie. the hanging brackets, header bracket, and door bracket so that saved some time. The most inconvenient part was the need to get a rail extension kit. I never thought my garage door was "large" but I guess it is. Measure the height of the door - more than 7 feet high and you will need an extension kit. Mine worked with an 8 foot kit. Other than that, no issues right now and the opener works much more quietly than the old one (a chain driven model). I got it installed over a weekend and probably took longer than I had to but that's just the way I am.
Date published: 2021-06-14
Rated 1 out of 5 by Mercy from Worked for 1 month I bought this in the middle of February and it only worked properly for about a month. The motion sensor no longer works, the lights flash like a strobe light if they even come on at all. The wall mount quit working this week and now we can only open and close the garage door from our homelink. I thought this would be a nice opener and I got burned.
Date published: 2021-05-31
Rated 2 out of 5 by Joshwaaaa from Terrible software development Lacks full Google Home integration. Forces you to "ask MyQ" instead of direct Google Home commands. Doesn't allow you to voice command opening. If you're dirty or carrying a load in your garage and need it opened you have to clean or put stuff down and do it. Also our homelink requires extra hardware now. Overall I'd never recommend it I'll use it but I'd never recommend it. I bought it and installed it but I would never tell anyone else to until they make their software more intuitive for the present age.
Date published: 2021-03-20
Behind every project is a True Value®
Thanks for signing up!
Please add email@example.com to your address book.
This functionality is enabled only for desktop.