Returning a Purchase
If something you ordered isn't exactly right, no worries. It's easy to return it. Here's what you do:
You'll need to take it back to the store where you picked it up, as long as it is within 30 days of the pick up date. If that location isn't convenient for you, or you can't get there within 30 days, please Contact Us.
You'll need to bring the following things with you to your True Value store:
1. The item(s) in unused and like-new condition with original packaging, parts, accessories and all paperwork.
2. A copy of your order confirmation. If you can't find it, no problem. A True Value Associate can find your information using your name, order number or email address.
3. A government issued form of identification.
4. Any questions you may want to ask a Hardwarian about upcoming projects.
Your refund, including the applicable sales tax, will be issued in the same form of payment that was originally used for the purchase: credit/debit card or PayPal account. Gift items will also be credited to the original credit/debit card or PayPal account.
You'll need to return item(s) to our warehouse within 30 days of the delivery date. Your order came with a pre-printed FedEx shipping label just in case. It is important that you return the merchandise to our warehouse, rather than a True Value store, since not all stores participate in the TrueValue.com Ship-to-Store program.
Here's what you need to do:
1. Make sure the return item(s) are in unused and like-new condition with original packaging, parts, accessories and all the paperwork.
2. Email us at CustomerService@TrueValue.com or call us 800-897-3112 to let us know you are returning the product. Please have your order number (located on your packing slip) and give it to the Customer Service representative and provide the reason for your return. An RMA # will be given to you.
3. Write the RMA number in two places:
- On the packing slip (there is a designated spot for the RMA #)
- On the return FedEx label provided to you (there is a designated spot for the RMA #)
4. Box the item securely. Include the packing slip with RMA number. Tape the pre-printed/pre-paid FedEx return-shipping label (included with your purchase) to the outside of the box. Follow the instructions provided by Customer Service regarding how the item should be shipped back.
Once we get your item(s) back, we will process your refund including applicable sales taxes. Once processed, please allow two weeks to see the refund on your original form of payment. Refunds are issued in the same form of payment originally used for your purchase: Credit/debit card or PayPal account. Gift items will also be credited to the original credit/debit card or PayPal account.
A quick word about refunding shipping charges:
- If we sent you the wrong item, the item's description/picture was incorrect or if the item arrived damaged or defective, we will cover all shipping charges.
- If you are returning an item for any reason other than the ones stated above, all shipping charges will be billed to you and are not refundable.
Power Equipment Return Policy
Due to safety hazards, items that use gasoline, kerosene, or other flammable liquids may be returned to your True Value store within 30 days of the date of pick up, with original receipt, provided that it is in like-new condition. Equipment MAY NOT be returned once gas or oil has been put in it, even if the liquid has been drained out the equipment.
If your Power Equipment (including lawn mowers, snow throwers, generators, leaf blowers, chain saws, some air compressors, pressure washers and other items that use flammable liquids) is defective or not functioning properly, the service and warranty issues will be handled through the manufacturer's Authorized Service Center. Authorized service center information can be found in the item's owner's manual or contact Customer Service at 800-897-3112 for service center locations near you. After 30 days, item may be sent out for repair at the customer's expense, unless covered under warranty. Be advised that appropriate maintenance and use of your equipment is required to ensure that manufacturer's warranty is not voided.
Are You Missing an Item?
Check the packing slip that was included with your shipment. Items in your order may have been sent in more than one shipment. If this is the case, don't worry, we won't charge you any additional shipping fees beyond those you originally authorized. Visit My Account for estimated delivery dates for your order. If you did not establish an account with us, please check your Shipping Confirmation email for estimated delivery dates.
Special Note About Alaska & Hawaii
TrueValue.com return policies vary for stores in Alaska & Hawaii. Please contact the store for more information on their policy.
As an email subscriber you will receive:
Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book.
This functionality is enabled only for desktop.