Smart Garage Door Opener, Ultra Quiet 1/2-HP Motor, Belt Drive
Smart Garage Door Opener, Ultra Quiet 1/2-HP Motor, Belt Drive
Smart Garage Door Opener, Ultra Quiet 1/2-HP Motor, Belt Drive is rated out of 5 by 31.
Your garage is more than just a place to park your car—it's a main entry point and an active "hub" of home and life. A leader in garage access management solutions, Chamberlain's innovative Smartphone-Control features make monitoring and managing home activity easy. The B550 runs smoothly, safely, and is customizable to fit your needs and make your daily routine more efficient. The B550 features an ultra-quiet, extra strong steel-reinforced belt drive plus built-in Smartphone Control. With the Chamberlain myQ App, you can get real-time alerts, open, close, and know the status of your garage door and more—from anywhere. Powered by Chamberlain's Lift power System, it delivers the highest lifting capacity compared to the 1/2 power class.
- Complete connectivity: With built-in Wi-Fi you can open and close your garage door from anywhere and get myQ® App alerts
- Powerful: Powered by Chamberlain's MED Lift Power System, the B550 delivers lifting force equivalent to 1/2 HP, the highest lifting capacity compared to the 1/2 power class for effortless lifting and reliable performance you can count on.
- Ultra-quiet and strong belt drive: The steel-reinforced belt drive is constructed with high-grade materials for years of worry-free, long lasting, ultra-quiet operation perfect for attached garages.
- Superior range: Includes two 3-button remote that let you control a combination of up to 3 openers or Chamberlain interior light modules (sold separately); exclusive triband technology boosts remote range up to 1,500 ft
- Safe and secure: Unmatched Security+2.0® 100 Billion code encryption protects against hacking, and Posilock anti-theft protection assures that once the door closes, it stays locked.
- Installation Made Easy - Our online installation videos, pre-programmed remotes, snap-lock rail system and tech support ensure installation goes smoothly
- Perfect fit: Designed specifically for 7 ft. garage doors - extension kits required for 8 ft. (8808CB-P) and 10 ft. (8810CB-P) doors.
- Share access: Securely invite up to three guests to control your myQ devices.
- Additional assurance: Fifteen-year (belt) and ten-year (motor) warranties.
- About Chamberlain: The largest and most dependable garage door opener manufacturer in North America.
- Includes: Garage Door Opener, Garage Door Opener Rail, Steel-Reinforced Belt, 2 3-Button Remotes, Wireless Exterior Keypad, Dual-Function Wall Control, Safety Sensors, Mounting Hardware & Manual, 200-Watt Lighting
|Country of Origin||MX|
|Manufacturer Name||CHAMBERLAIN CORP|
|California Residents Proposition 65||www.P65Warnings.ca.govThis product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer or birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to|
Rated 4 out of 5 by ChubbyC from Need one more! We purchased two of these and to my amazement they are very quiet. I had to look to make sure the door was closed. I can't say that I miss the rattle and loud bang when the door was closed. Will purchase another for the final bay.
Date published: 2022-02-08
Rated 4 out of 5 by Ottawa from Easy installation and setup not super quiet Was very pleased with how easy and quick it was to install, set up, and program the unit. My only complaint is that it is much louder than I was hoping for but still quieter than my old chain drive.
Date published: 2021-12-07
Rated 1 out of 5 by TwitWhit from Will not connect to MyQ app Been trying for over a year to connect it to wi-fi. Tried everything including spending time on the phone with tech trying to troubleshoot. They just keep saying my wifi password is wrong which is crap cause everything else works with that password.
Date published: 2021-05-18
Rated 5 out of 5 by Joe76 from Great Great motor really quiet good decision to buy that reasonable price
Date published: 2021-04-28
Rated 2 out of 5 by bparker95 from Opener works great...remotes, not so much We purchased the B550 to replace an older Chamberlain/Liftmaster that died on us recently. I was able to install the unit myself with minimal issues, and the unit itself works great, much quieter than the old chain drive unit. HOWEVER, I'm highly disappointed with the remote controls and keypad. The three button remotes that come with the unit apparently are programmed only for this unit, and are not universal to be able to be programmed to work with multiple units (we have a second door with another Chamberlain/Liftmaster unit). This is highly disappointing and misleading on Chamberlain's parts, as we would have to purchase two additional remotes (at $35 each) plus a new keypad that actually does what modern remotes do, work with multiple units.
Date published: 2021-03-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by Dave Houston from Best garage door opener ever! Sooo quiet !! I can only say that , anyone who didn't give this opener 10 stars hasn't ever had a garage door opener. It would be hard to improve it's performance.
Date published: 2020-10-26
Rated 1 out of 5 by J Liu from B550 still works but WiFi module breaks after 3 Yr The garage door opener still works but the Wifi module crapped out after about 3 years. The unit would not register to my account anymore. I had countless troubleshooting sessions with support and finally determined that it has gone bad. I also have a craftsman unit side by side with this one and the craftsman (also made by chamberlain with wifi) has worked like a charm even with Sears' transition to MyQ app. I do not recommend this unit at all. Save your $. Oh, and it is not quiet at all. It's louder than my chain drive in the previous house.
Date published: 2020-10-06
Rated 5 out of 5 by The Aggie Handyman from Better than I thought it would be. I bought this to replace an old worn out chain drive unit. The install went better than expected. The instructions were good and some of the instructions like putting a screwdriver in a hole to keep the trolly from moving when installing the belt are important. But once I read the instructions carefully everything went well. The ability to use your phone to open the door is the bomb. App works great and was way easier than I thought it would be. It takes about a full day.
Date published: 2020-05-31
Behind every project is a True Value®
Thanks for signing up!
Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book.
This functionality is enabled only for desktop.