Honeywell Wind Turbine features the innovative gearless Blade Tip Power System that utilizes a system of magnets and stators surrounding its outer ring. This allows the turbine to capture power at the blade tips, where speed is greatest, practically eliminating mechanical resistance and drag. The Blade Tip Power System becomes the generator by swiftly passing the blade tip magnets through the copper coil banks mounted onto the enclosed perimeter frame. Has a startup speed below 2mph and addresses past constraints such as size, noise, vibration and output for homes and businesses. It's a turbine like no other, weighing less than 185 pounds and measuring only six feet in diameter, and producing up to 1500kWh (depending on location). Flexible design lets you mount the turbine directly on a rooftop or use a pole. The system can connect the power directly to the building or to your utility company - MUST BE INSTALLED BY A LICENSED ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR.
- Measures 6 ft. diameter
- Gearless system featuring the Blade Tip Power System (or BTPS)
- Connects power to building electrical panel or direct to utility
- Low resistance - starts producing energy at 2 mph wind speed
- 2-mph cut-in speed with auto shut-down over 40 mph
- Auto directional rotation
- Mount on pole or a pitched or flat roof
- Quiet operation
- 120 AC/60 Hz
- Weighs 180 lbs.
- Fully assembled
- 5 year limited warranty
- UL certified
In-Package Dimensions (inches)
Country of Origin: CA